Ovarian Cysts and Fibroids
2 common conditions that can impact fertility and a woman’s ability to conceive. They can also be very painful to live with.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled cavities within the ovary that may develop as part of the follicle which forms monthly with the developing egg. After ovulation the follicle becomes a corpus luteum which makes progesterone. Either a follicle or a corpus luteum can form a cyst (follicular or corpus luteum cysts). There are benign (non-cancerous) and rarely (cancerous) cysts which can form in the ovary. Surgery intervention is need to remove the cysts.
Ovarian cyst symptoms can include:
- pelvic pain
- pelvic pressure
- abdominal enlargement
- bowel or bladder symptoms
Ovarian cyst treatment in Mainstream Medicine:
- Watch and wait; the cyst may go away without treatment
- If gynecological surgery is needed, the cyst can be removed laparoscopically in a procedure called cystectomy or the ovary can be surgically removed (oophorectomy).
Ovarian Cyst treatment with Homeopathy
Homeopathy looks at all of the factors which may have led to the formation of the cyst. Everything is taken into consideration:
- your family medical history, to find out what susceptibilities you may have inherited.
- your own medical history to find out how you (and your body) reacts in certain situations.
- All other symptoms from which you have experienced - which invariably are related in some way
- Medications that may have affected your own self healing mechanism
Remedies are prescribed to help reset your hormone balance and address the cause of the problems. As a holistic therapy, everything is considered and a natural remedy which is safe and effective (without side effects) will be given to help reset your system and help reduce the symptoms.
Fibroids, also known as uterine leiomyomas, are non-cancerous tumors arising from the myometrium (smooth muscle layer) of the uterus. Other names for these tumors include fibromyomas, fibromas, myofibromas, and myomas.
Fibroids are the most common solid pelvic tumors in women. They can be found in up to 70 percent of women, but only cause symptoms in approximately 25 percent of reproductive age women. They are usually found in women during their 30’s and 40’s, and typically shrink in size after menopause. The average affected uterus has six to seven fibroids.
Homeopathic treatment is as with all homeopathic medication, finding the remedies which most resonate with your complete health picture.