Autoimmune Disorders With over 80 different autoimmune diseases, there are a great many symptoms which you might experience as your immune system begins to attack the cells it is meant to be protecting from viruses or bacteria. It is thought that in many cases, the cause of an autoimmune response will have been triggered in the first place by the action of a virus, bacteria, toxin or a drug which alters the control process of your immune system so that the usual turn off switch is disabled. Some people may have an inherited predisposition to develop an autoimmune response.
Some autoimmune processes instigate a slow destruction of a specific cell or stimulate an organ into excessive growth or to interfere with the function of an organ. In some cases there may be a mix of these inappropriate changes and some people may suffer from more than one autoimmune reaction at the same time.
Organ specific disorders affect one organ. Examples of these are pernicious anaemia affects the stomach, type 1 diabetes affects the pancreas, Addison’s disease affects the adrenal glands, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis affects the thyroid gland.
In non organ specific disorders the reaction may be widely spread around the body, these include rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus and dermatomyositis.
Conventional treatment usually begins with replacing any major deficiencies caused by the disease such as thyroxin in autoimmune thyroid disease or a blood transfusion for blood disorders. Corticosteroid drugs are often then prescribed in order to diminish the activity of the immune system. These often have side effects which may then create other symptoms.
The idea of natural health practice is to use therapies which can encourage your body to self heal. Homeopathy has the added advantage of being able to help relieve some of the uncomfortable side effects of mainstream medication whilst you still require them.
Widespread pain is one of the most common symptoms of Fibromyalgia. The pains can be located in any part of the body but may be worse in certain areas or at certain times.
Mainstream medicine is usually able to help control the pain levels but is unlikely to address the cause of the symptoms and therefore unlikely to help relieve the pain completely.
Other common symptoms include nerve sensitivity, food intolerance, fatigue, insomnia, cognitive fog, vertigo, headaches, anxiety and sometimes depression as well. (Click through for more information about these individual symptoms).
The cause of the issues are often varied and sometimes difficult to ascertain. Natural health practitioners work by looking to address the cause of the symptoms to help find long term relief. Homeopathy works by helping to boost your own self healing mechanism so that you body works on healing from the inside out. By taking into account all of your symptoms, and building a picture of what makes you you, and how you react to the events of life, helps to create the picture needed to establish your individual prescription to begin your journey to health.
FREE Introductory Consultation
Homeopathy is a complementary natural medicine that doesn't give side effects. The initial consultation will run through many aspects of you and your life. Mary will be looking to find out how you react to specific stimuli to learn more about you, your family medical history and your susceptibilities.
Homeopathic medicines help stimulate your body to begin the healing process. Everybody is individual and unique and therefore the healing process will be different for each of us. Mary will advise you about your timetable of consultations to help you regain control of your health.
- Homeopathy is a holistic medicine with treatment being tailored for each individual. Acting as a catalyst to encourage your body to rebalance, homeopathy works with your body to help return you to full health.
- Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and have been used around the world for more than 200 years.Homeopathy is the second most popular form of medicine in the world after chinese medicine.
- Homeopathy is a complementary medicine that works well with conventional medicine and will not interfere with any prescriptions you are currently taking.
- You will not be asked to stop taking your usual medication. Homeopathy can also help recovery from surgery or other invasive treatments you may be undertaking. Please ask for details.
- Homeopathy can be used from conception through childhood into adulthood and on to palliative care during your last few months of life.
- Homeopathy is a natural medicine that is individual to you and works with your body helping restore balance to both your mind and body.